Our brains constantly change and regulate millions of bodily functions simultaneously every second of every day. Our brains govern our thoughts, emotions and movements. Poor diet plan, no physical exercise, inadequate sleep can make us unfocussed, irritated, sluggish and extremely exhausted. But folks, you need not worry at all as there are many foods and some simple lifestyle changes that can boost brain power. Brains have 60 percent fat and need plenty of high quality of dietary fats to create healthy brain cells. My aim in the following article is to give simple, realistic and practical ways to boost brain power, improve thinking skills, memory and mental clarity.
- Nuts: Walnuts are the powerhouse of many nutritious elements like fiber, protein and omega 3 fatty acids which are healthy for the brain. Omega 3 fatty acids protects against brain-damaging inflammation. Walnuts and other nuts like cashews, almonds and pistachios can be easily added to your daily diet for better brain health.
- Brain healthy foods: Foods like cherries, seeds, herbs, ginger, almonds, pomegranates, grapes and blueberries should be included in the your meal plan. These help to reduce inflammation and brain damaging free radicals.
- Breathing exercises: Exercise in general are beneficial for the overall health of the body. Breathing exercises apart from other exercises have significantly shown to boost brain power. These exercises give more oxygen to the brain which is essential for the optimum mental performance. This exercise should be done at least three times a day.
- Sleep: Adequate sleep is also essential to increase brain power. Make sure that you sleep for minimum eight hours every day. Proper sleep helps you relax and allows brain to function smoothly.
- Meditation: Meditation improves brain health and helps brain to perform several functions properly. It is very simple and should be done every day as it helps you calms you down, keeps all the worries, stress and pressures at bay.