Amidst busy work schedules and hectic routines; we tend to ignore our health for several reasons. Whenever we feel hungry we tend to grab snacks such as burger, chocolate, pizza, cupcakes, French fries and much more. These snacks are extremely unhealthy and have many health hazards. They have no nutritional value and may even lead to weight gain. However, we should opt for some healthy snacks which can keep us full for longer and are nutritious. The article below lists some healthy snacks so that the next time you crave for something to munch on, do not sacrifice health for convenience.
- Fruits: Fruits are rich in fibre and other essential vitamins and minerals. The next time you feel hungry, simply grab on some healthy fruits like apples, mangoes, melons, pears and any other fruit of your choice. In case of hurry, you can also make a smoothie for yourself by simply blending on the fruits with milk or yoghurt.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are a legume and not a nut. They are cheap and a good source of protein. They are high in healthy fats and can keep you fuller for longer as compared to the snacks made up of artificial preservatives.
- Oatmeal: High in fiber and protein and low in calories and fat, oatmeal is a perfect snack for young children. A quick and an easy food it is convenient option for most of us. You should not add sugar to it. Instead of refined sugar, you can add fruits of your choice.
- Yoghurt: A common dairy product, yoghurt is high in calcium, protein but low in sugar. It is a snack that will keep you satisfied for a long time. Moreover, yoghurt is good for your gut health. But make sure, you do not buy the flavoured yoghurts. Instead, you can add maple syrup, honey or any fruit of any choice.
- Nuts: Healthy nuts like almonds, walnuts, cashews or pistachios can keep you satiated for a long time. They have healthy fats and are a good source of protein. Though, you should be mindful of the quantity as they are high in calories; therefore, it may lead to weight gain. Nuts can be added to your shakes, oatmeal, protein bars or even salads.
- Whole eggs: Rich in proteins, essential vitamins and minerals, versatile eggs are extremely healthy and delicious at the same. Packed with proteins and choline eggs help improve the brain function and memory. Moreover, eggs can be prepared in a number of ways and in very less time.