Weight loss is a challenging and daunting task and requires constant effort and patience. But who would not like the easy and quick way to shed those extra pounds? While on a weight loss program, one should always remember losing weight but not health should be your priority.
Now a days, fad diets are the recent trend to lose weight. This is because they aid in short-term weight loss. But the question that arises is that are these diets healthy? Not really. First let us understand what exactly is fad diet. A fad diet is a restricted course of food that allows individuals to attain quick and easy weight loss. Some popular fad diets include the Paleo diet, Raw food diet, Keto diet, Gluten- free diet, Elimination diet, Vegan diet or Carnivore diet. These fad diets may help lose weight but these diets give you temporary results. All the more these diets are difficult to sustain and, they deprive you of the essential nutrients that only balanced eating can offer. Lacking in essential nutrients, these diets can lead to dehydration, digestive issues, nausea and headaches, weakness, weak immunity and inadequate intake of essential nutrients. Some diets even include protein
powders or pills which might have a negative effect on your health. All the more, these diets are ineffective and expensive.
Therefore, adopting these fad diets to lose weight is not a wise decision. These shortcuts directly lead to bad health resulting in other health problems. The key to maintaining a healthy body weight is a balanced diet and regular physical activity. The traditional balanced meal approach to losing weight alongside exercising might show results slowly but is definitely the only right thing to do.
Take a look at some simple tips which can help you lose weight within no time:
- Eat a fiber-rich diet which includes lots of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables
- Regular physical exercise is the key to losing weight quickly
- Always stay hydrated. Make sure that you drink plenty of fluids like water, lime water, coconut water and fresh fruit juices
- Include proteins in your diet. Some foods high in proteins are eggs, fish, meat, nuts and legumes
- Adequate sleep for around eight hours a day is essential
- Try to manage your stress
- Say no to refined sugar. Instead, you can opt for healthy alternatives such as jaggery, maple syrup or honey
- Make sure that you do not skip breakfast. Breakfast is the most essential meal of the day and should not be missed. All the more beneficial, include proteins in your breakfast as they can help you lose weight
- Avoid eating junk and processed foods as they are laced with unhealthy chemicals and preservatives
- Go for healthy snacks like eggs, nuts, a slice of cheese, fruit smoothie or an avocado toast
- Do not eliminate fats from your diet. Yes, unhealthy fats should not be included in your diet but healthy ones like sour cream, cheese, nuts and full-fat milk are not harmful and can be eaten guilt-free