Today, many people resort to fairness creams, anti-ageing beauty products or other skin treatments in order to nourish their skin. Well! You might not know this, but these products are loaded with harmful chemicals which may be indeed harmful for your skin. But what if we tell you there is a natural way out to make your skin healthy and glowing. One such step is simply a nutritious diet. Now, one may think that nutrition affects your internal health and your weight, but wholesome nutrition is also directly related to your skin. A good diet is always a stepping stone for better health and glowing skin. If you eat well your skin will glow and in case you don’t have the best inclusion in your diet skin will become dull. There will also be undesirable ageing of the skin. However, intake of certain foods can at best damage the quality of the skin texture. So, it is important that you know what to eat in order to help the skin glow naturally every day.
Foods that should be consumed if you want a healthy skin:
- Green Tea: Green tea fights acne based on its ability to lower levels of an acne-producing hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Brewing up three to five cups of green tea every day in order to reap the full benefits for your skin is advisable.
2. Spinach: Spinach is rich in beta carotene, which converts into the powerful anti-aging vitamin A. This nutrient is crucial for allowing proper moisture retention to the epidermis, helping to prevent wrinkles and remove dead skin. For better results, pair spinach with a food that’s high in vitamin C.
3. Omega-3 fatty acids: These fatty acids are beneficial in many ways. They are not only good for skin but for your brain health as well. Omega-3 fatty acids are responsible for overall flexibility, repairing the skin and protects the skin against wrinkle formation. Foods that contain omega-3 fatty acids in high quantities are walnuts, salmon, chia seeds and flax seeds.
4. Green leafy vegetables: Greens should lay the foundations of diet. Just adding a handful of shredded kale to your breakfast eggs, a little extra bit of rocket at lunch and some blanched baby spinach at dinner can boost your diet with essential vitamins and minerals, such as folate, iron, magnesium and phytochemicals to support your health.
Foods you should avoid if you want healthy skin:
- Fast foods: Street side foods, burgers, pastas and deep fried foods which can be easily prepared can cause harm to your health. It slows down the blood circulation and clogs the pores through which it helps the bacterial formation on the skin and stimulates the growth of acne on the skin.
2. Coffee: If you sip more than two cups of caffeinated drinks every day then there are chances your skin will appear dull, wrinkled and thin. Drinking caffeinated drinks more than to the limited amounts fuels the release of stress hormone named cortisol, which is linked to the thinning of the skin, aging process and dull skin shade.
3. Artificial additives: Many of the processed foods consist of artificial color along with artificial preservatives and flavorings which are not nutritious at all. In some cases you also feel the histamine reactions and inflammations due to those artificial flavors.
4. Sugary products: Sugary foods like brownies, cakes, muffins are appealing to the pallette but can be harmful for your skin making it look dull and wrinkled. Therefore, it is best to avoid them.
Your daily diet can play a big role in your skin health. Therefore, you should be extremely careful as to what to consume and what you avoid.