The whole idea of breakfast is to energize you, improve overall performance and deliver essential vitamins and nutrients to your body. There are some mornings where we leave the house skipping the most important meal of the day. Skipping breakfast results in a brain that is slow to fire and a body that clings to calories that gradually lower its energy output because it is unsure when it might see its next meal. There are many healthy breakfast ideas that require very little effort when put into practice. To keep yourself and your family up for the day, you need to be able to provide good sources of protein, healthy fats, vitamins, and other nutrients. These make egg muffins, fruit salads overnight oats, shakes, sandwiches can be really easy to prepare. Let’s explore some options:
- Whole Eggs: The simple and easiest breakfast for busy mornings is to have boiled eggs. It takes only five minutes to scramble a couple of eggs. Beat some eggs, add some finely chopped onion and pinch of salt pour them in a muffin tray and bake away. For the adventure, shred some sausages and add them to the mix. Occasionally, a bit of your favourite cheese can be grated on top for a bit of indulgence. Apart from this omelets can be extremely delicious.
- Avocado: Starting your day with creamy avocado toast can do wonders. The fruit is loaded with fiber and cholesterol-lowering monounsaturated fats. Plus, the whole thing is ready in just three simple steps: Mash the avocado onto toasted bread, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, and then sprinkle with salt and red pepper flakes.
- Smoothie: A smoothie can be prepared with bananas or your choice of fruit, milk, some oatmeal, and peanut butter with a hint of cinnamon. You can add some healthy nuts as well to make it filling. This power-packed fruit smoothie will keep you charged throughout the day. This is flavorsome and at the same time healthy.
- Oatmeal: Loaded with nutrients and high in fibre, oats should definitely be in your breakfast menu. Prepare the oatmeal with milk or curd; add in a pinch of salt, pepper and cinnamon. Top with an over-easy cooked egg, favourite vegetables or sprinkle some cheese on top. This takes hardly ten minutes and is highly nutritious.
- Pancakes: The last in our bucket are sumptuous pancakes. You can make a mixture of wheat flour, milk, eggs and brown sugar (or other healthier substitutes). Make round shaped pancakes and top it with whipped cream, berries, maple syrup or honey.
As mentioned above, one cannot undermine the importance of breakfast. The first meal of the day should be healthy, nutritious and comforting. These breakfast ideas are wholesome and keep you fill for longer. So, hurry and try these interesting dishes right now!